First-quarter 2018 sales
First-quarter 2018 sales: +2.6% at constant exchange rates / Carrefour 2022: Solid transformation momentum initiated
First-quarter 2018 sales of €20,776m, up +2.6% at constant exchange rates and up 0.4% on a like-for-like basis, penalized by:
- Less favorable markets overall in Europe, notably due to adverse weather conditions impacting more specifically non-food and hypermarkets;
- Continued sharp food deflation in Brazil;
- Persistently strong competitive pressure in the Group’s main markets.
Solid execution dynamic of the « Carrefour 2022 » plan in the first quarter:
- Implementation of the operational transformation plan: Launch of the process to transform the organizations in France, Belgium and Argentina; positive momentum in gains on direct and indirect purchasing; advances in discussions on the removal of 273 ex-DIA stores from the Group’s scope;
- Roll-out of omnichannel offer: Rapid extension of home delivery in France; opening of new Drives; launch of the Carrefour Pay payment solution; rapid advances in the plan to create a single carrefour.fr website; acquisition of a majority stake in start-up Quitoque, a leader of meal-kit home deliveries in France;
- First achievements in the food transition for all: Launch of the first food blockchain in the poultry product line to ensure traceability; extension of the range of products containing no antibiotics to various products in Belgium, Poland and recently in Spain; signature of a partnership with the WWF to accelerate the conversion and the development of organic products in France.
Download the release of the 2018 04 11 (pdf 686.35 KB)
Download the presentation of the 2018 04 11 (pdf 841.75 KB)
June 6th to 9th, Carrefour Brasil took part in the 14th edition of the...Read more
● Carrefour is the first retailer partnering with Google in France on...Read more