The development of agroecology through the Carrefour Quality Lines
A Carrefour Quality Line is a partnership between the retailer and agricultural producers or livestock farmers which is underpinned by a reciprocal commitment: producers are assured of long-term markets for their products, while the distributor is guaranteed high-quality products that are made using agro-ecological farming or livestock rearing methods.
- Carrefour currently has 552 active lines (an increase of 32% since 2012), providing its customers with products of the finest quality.
- Nearly 22,000 committed producers who receive support from Carrefour so they can integrate agro-ecology into their production practices. This gives impetus to integrated farming.
- Production means shared by all producers: integrated pest control (adopting an ecological approach and generating savings by reducing the use of pesticides and adopting organic pest control methods), rotating crops so as not to deplete soils, avoiding chemical treatment after harvests, avoiding plant productions outside of the soil, avoiding spreading of sludge from water treatment plants, etc.
- Agro-ecology also means antibiotic-free animal product lines: pork, chicken, eggs and salmon – new product lines for which phytotherapy treatments are used, requiring that even more attention be paid to ensuring animal well-being.
- Because bees are nature's precious allies: The first beekeeping line has been developed in France and Poland, with honey production from the beekeeper to the consumer.
- There are 4000 Carrefour BIO products on the shelves of our stores throughout the world and 2268 organic products – an increase of 13.5% over two years.
Teams from Carmila and Carrefour Property have just unveiled the new...Read more
For the first time, Carrefour is bringing to Brazil the Start-up...Read more